Monday 3 March 2014

Vegan Chocolate Espresso Cake

Lately I've been craving sweet baked goods....a lot! I'm either on Pinterest for hours drooling over all of the delicious sweets I come across, or I'm searching my pantry for ingredients to make cookies or cakes. 
 
Today I decided to challenge myself and bake something that will taste delicious and be a little healthy to balance all of the sugar and butter I've been consuming! If it's not obvious by now, I am a big fan of cinnamon... I love the aroma in the house while it bakes, it's almost therapeutic.I wanted something with chocolate and no all purpose flour, the challenge was fun and successful..and my very own recipe for the first time! I'm very excited to share this one!!


Like all other cake recipes, start off my mixing all of your dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix the coconut butter, brown sugar and warm water. When the mix is all incorporated add the dry ingredients with the wet and stir in the chocolate chips. 

Grease a non stick bundt cake pan, and pour in the batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Enjoy with a glass of almond milk, and you don't have to feel guilty about this one! :)




 Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients
1 cup quinoa flour
1 1/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons espresso powder
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut butter
2 cups warm water

No comments:

Post a Comment